Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grapes, Apples and Bananas, oh my!

My God. You are wreaking havoc on my life.

But in a good way. :)

As I said when I found out, I wish I could take it back. Now I'm glad I can't.

I've embraced the fact that I have a small pouch. A small pouch that no one will notice. People will only notice that I've "gained weight" - in what's really water retention, bloating, and you.

So let me go through all the terrible things you are putting me through.

1) Morning sickness isn't just morning sickness. It's momentary sickness. One moment, I will be fine. The other moment, I'm not so sure. It comes and goes and it's horrible when it comes, but I'm oh-so-thankful when it goes!!1
2) My diet has been thrown into high gear. I can no longer eat crap, like I tried doing last Sunday night. That threw me (and you) into a tailspin of nausea that I was positive would end me up with my head in the toilet. But alas, I survived and after spending Monday in bed, felt good enough to get up.
3) My clothes are getting tighter. I'm having a hard time getting into my jeans - they fit all over except for the stomach. I can button the button, but it's uncomfortable and quite frankly, I'd prefer not too b/c it's more comfortable that way.
4) I wake up in the middle of the night. Every night. Mainly to pee.

But with each one of these things comes something wonderful... you. Each time I feel sick, it's a reminder that you're here. I am thankful you are forcing me to eat more healthily. My clothes are getting tighter, but it'll be exciting to be a cute pregnant woman. And I wake up in the middle of the night, not only to pee, but because I'm so excited for you to get here.

And we have 33 long weeks to go.

But no worries. You'll be here soon enough. And we can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment