Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Awesome Side to Parenting

What a difference a little stern parenting and 24 hours can make.

You did not cry when I picked you up from daycare and you came home with me willingly. You went on a short walk with your dad, and ride nicely in the wagon.

You ate dinner like a champ. You played after dinner like a champ. When you got your stocker for your "good job" at dinner and tried to eat it, you didn't cry when I took it away and said no. I gave you another stocker and you stuck it on your board with a big ole smile!

When you wanted to go outside after dinner and I told you no, you whined. Until I told you no whining and then you stopped.

When we went to Menards to buy a new toilet, I gave you such a stern talking to that the words, "you will sit in the cart, and you will not cry when you cannot push the cart'" actually made you whimper with a pouty lip.

And behold, you were an angel, which warranted another sticker when we got home, which you were more than happy to put on your board!

I guess I just needed to take back that control. We will see how the rest of the week and this weekend will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment