Wednesday, February 3, 2016

39 + 5

This week has been a little bit better than the last. Saturday and Sunday were tough, no joke. However, I was able to survive them. Barely. Eric worked god-awful hours (until 3 a.m. Monday morning god-awful). I have been having inconsistent contractions consistently, which is annoying. And I am just starting to feel like crap. Awesome.

In all, tomorrow's birth has me nervous, excited, scared, and exhausted. I am nervous it won't be as easy as the last two. I'm excited to meet you. I'm scared because of the afterbirth that I know will come because of it, and I am exhausted just thinking about three kids under the age of 4. Hopefully, somehow, I will survive it. Hopefully, this little family of 5 will survive it.

Random Thoughts from This Week: I have birthed two children, but for some reason, I am really scared to go in tomorrow.
Maternity clothes? Of course, but from now on, it shall be sweatshirts and yoga pants! Hip-hip-hooray!
Weight gain? Probably. I have done nothing but eat like crap and swell up like a sausage.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Best moment this week? The fact that today was my last day at school for a few months?
Worst moment this week? Today was, in fact, my last day, but I also had to leave early to get James because he has the flu! Luckily, my mother-in-law is here now and will be watching him tomorrow. Hallelujah!
What the doctor says: Nothing because I am being induced tomorrow!
Any symptoms? Contractions, lightning crotch, and overall just not feeling very well. Very tired, very ready to be done being pregnant!
Movement? Yes, surprisingly quite a bit!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really!
Looking forward to: At the end of all of this, I will be meeting my little man tomorrow. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing home a cross-eyed James Thomas and a scowly Little Miss Catherine Lynn. Crazy how this time has flown.

Here's to tomorrow, and our little family of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts and prayers for a safe and easy delivery. So excited for you and your family, and cannot wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete