Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Dad

I don't dream of you. I wish I did. 

They say there are 5 stages to grief. That's bullshit. This is what I think Grief really feels like:

  • The world is continuing on without you and when you shout for it to wait up, it moves faster.
  • Your legs are really heavy but it feels like you're floating.
  • People talk to you but you can't hear what they're saying. When you replay the conversation in your head later, all you can remember is their actions.
  • You just don't fucking understand. 
  • You have this ridiculous desire to have children.
  • You try and learn everything you can about their death and what lead up to it. Even if it's nearly impossible to fathom. 
  • One single still-life picture of them from a random memory in your life keeps popping up in your head.
  • You get really angry at the wrong people. Sometimes for no reason.
  • You desperately want to call everyone that had any contact with them. And just talk. Even if you don't know them that well. 
  • You have a hard time doing the things you love. 
  • You see people that look like them. And think it is them. And it's uncomfortable because you know your heart is just playing tricks on you. 
  • You think over and over that had I done it differently, I would have said, "I love you" at the end.
I miss you dad. And love you just as much. This doesn't get easier...but I am getting used to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment