Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dear Dad

Tonight I have my first concert without you. I'm sure my kids will do great. I'm wondering how well I'll do. 

Tears crop up at the most random of moments. Sobs burst out when I'm least expecting it. Just like your death, my grief is catching me off-guard. One moment I think I'm ok to go on and the next moment I'm not sure if I can. 

I got home from school today and sat in my living room waiting for your car to pull up. We had the stupidest traditions whenever I had a choir concert, but you were always there with the pizza and sitting outside my house waiting for me to get home from school. This is the first time Eric will have to drive to my concert alone. 

I remember the last concert - I turned around to present my choir and you were right there, smack dab in the middle of the auditorium. I'm afraid tonight if I turn around what's going to happen. Will I see you there? Will I feel you there? I hope so. I'm not sure how to do it without you. 

I'm not sure how to do a lot without you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment