Thursday, December 1, 2011

If I close my eyes reaaaallllllll tight...

December 6, 2011...

On December 1, I was driving back to work from picking up some boxes for moving, and holy GOD I had to pee!!! So I was concentrating on basically not peeing my pants, when I felt this fluttering in my belly. I was cruising down the road, no one around me, radio off (because I had had people in it prior to grabbing those boxes...) and there you were, letting me know you're here!!!

There have been so many things that have let me know you're here. For instance, an increase in my visits to the bathroom! And my boobs have definitely gotten bigger! And my belly is growing. But somedays, it just doesn't feel real...

It's crazy what people say about motherly instincts, and I figured that if I didn't acquire those, I could at least just echo what I've seen other people do!!! But at the moment I felt your fluttering, I just knew it was you! It was nothing I've ever felt before, and I will never forget that first feeling!

I've been trying hard to feel that fluttering ever since, and yesterday, when I got in the car for work, there you were, dancing around to the Foo Fighters' "Rope" on the radio. It was a combination of fluttering and weird movement, but I knew you were there! I laughed because your daddy LOVES the Foo Fighters, and I'm sure since you were executing those dance moves like your dad is known to do (ha!) you will love the Foo Fighters too!

So tonight, I got home, and ate my favorite - chips and dip! YUM! You must have liked it too, because after that, there you were! Your grandma once told me it feels like little fingers poking you from the inside. It was incredible!!! There you were, poking me on the right side of my abdomen, saying hello!

I laughed and sat quietly, concentrating on that feeling. This is what I've been doing ALL NIGHT! Watching TV, surfing the internet and concentrating on feeling you bounce around! There was one kick that I definitely felt on the outside of my stomach, which made me sooooo excited to have your dad come home and feel you too. He will be thrilled!

So you better perform when he comes home on Friday!!!!!

I wanted to get this down in the books, so that I could remember this magical feeling forever. I don't think I will ever forget the flood of emotions I had when I first felt you, and thereafter, but I want to remember what I was doing, where I was.

I cannot wait to meet you. I love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment