Tuesday, December 27, 2011

YOU'RE A BOY!!!!

You're a boy, you're a boy, YOU'RE A BOY!!!

Now, don't get me wrong, I would have been more than happy to have a little girl, but you're a boy.

And oooohhhhhhhh, how I was hoping for a boy!

They say that mothers know for sure what the baby is before the ultrasound, and I could have sworn you were a boy. But the night before our ultrasound last Wednesday (Dec. 21), I forced myself to think of all the neat things you can do with a girl, like dress them up in frills and lace and how pretty they are!!! And the cutest names you can give them...

But you're a boy, and I knew you would be!!!

I could hardly contain myself the night before, going to bed well after midnight and waking up by BOUNCING out of bed t 6:30 a.m. I did my morning routine, then dragged your father out of bed (you'll understand that dad likes to sleep...a lot...) and we set off for the hospital. We figured out where we were going, did the insurance thing, and then I could hardly contain myself in the waiting room of Iowa Radiology in Methodist Plaza.

When the technician finally called our name, I told her that we wanted to find out the gender right away, so that was the first thing we did was look to see if you were a boy or a girl. At one point, I saw your umbilical cord and said, "Oh!!! He's a boy!!!" and then the ultrasound technician said, "Oh, that's the umbilical cord." Finally, we saw what we needed to see to determine gender and tech said, "Oh! Look at the size of those testicles!" I exclaimed something like, "He's a boy!" and started to cry. But the shit-eating grin on your dad's face was absolutely priceless. PRICELESS.

I loved watching his reaction when the ultrasound technician discovered something new about you. You're little heart beating, your little brain, your beautiful face, and of course, those wonderful wonderful 10 fingers and toes. You are so adorable and I can't wait to meet you for real!!!

I love you more than I can even tell you, and cannot WAIT to meet you.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment