Wednesday, December 18, 2013

19 Weeks and 3 Words!

Before I get to my 19 week update, I have a few things to say.

First and foremost, I think this household is finally, finally healthy again. Minus James' snotty nose, which I think is a pretty gross sinus infection. But that's minimal considering what we've been dealing with. I'm still coughing, and coughing up the nasties, but I am actually feeling better. Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.

Secondly, James had his 18 month update... at 19 months. No big deal, bus since Eric doesn't answer to a boss, he's usually the one who takes off early and takes James to the appointments.

Eric and James got home from their appointment as I got home from school, and I was able to look at his chart they always include. Size 7 shoe, 30" tall, 34 pounds. Eric said they couldn't get a good measurement of him standing on the scale, so they laid him on the table. The same table where they measured him the first days of his life, and told us he had shrunk 2 inches. So needless to say, I was skeptical.

Then he mentioned the doctor was concerned because James should be saying at least 15 words. I laughed and said, "He does!" Well, Eric tells me that the answer he gave the doctor when she asked how many words James says was three. Three words. Then Eric looks at me and says, "Yeah, mom, dad and ball."

Ok... how about dog, cat, light off, light on, I don't know, Ella, up, down, I want up, milk, cup and all the others I can't think of off the top of my head! As the night wore on and James spoke, I just counted the words I could make. I ended with 21. Maybe next time, I'll be taking James to the doctor.... :)

How far along? 19 weeks! Almost halfway there!
Maternity clothes? Oh my, yes. Leggings, leggings and more leggings. Also, the pair of black jeans that I'm a big fan of. I'm still able to wear some of my longer pre-pregnancy sweaters, but otherwise, it's all maternity clothes!
Weight gain? Nope, don't think so! Everything is still pretty loose!
Stretch marks? No. let's hope it stays this way!
Best moment this week? This past weekend, we went Christmas shopping as a family. It was so much fun, and we had such a good time. Eric hates shopping, so the fact that he came with was a miracle.
Miss anything? My fricken brain. Baby brain sucks. Yesterday, I lost my school keys. I had no idea where they had gone. Luckily, a quick search of my car found them, but I really did not remember putting them there. It's terrible. I also miss being able to talk normal. With baby brain, I had trouble thinking of words quickly enough, or finding the verbage to explain myself. It's not fun.
Movement? Yes, lots! It's been fun and I'm starting to feel them on the outside. I can't wait for Eric to be able to feel them as well!
Food cravings? Not really. Just food in general.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Too much food that isn't good for you. I was so tired after our concert Monday night, on Tuesday I tried drinking two cans of Mountain Dew. I got sick halfway through the second. Just a gross feeling in the pit of your stomach. With all the sweets that have been in the teacher's lounge lately, combined with the fact that I'm so tired, doesn't make me a very chipper person.
Labor signs? No, thank goodness!
Symptoms? Is not being able to articulate your thoughts a symptom. Oh yes, it's called baby brain.
Belly button in or out? IN!
Linea nigra? Nothing. I wonder if this time around it won't be showing up?
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody?  Generally happy and excited for...
Looking forward to: TOMORROW! We find out if we're having a little boy or girl! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing GIRL!!!!
    I don't really remember when the linea nigra showed up, but I'm thinking later on… Third trimester-ish??
    CanNOT wait to find out if Baby E #2 will be decked out in blue or pink!

    ReplyDelete