Saturday, September 20, 2014

4 Months!

How is it that you are 4 months??? Even more so, how is it that you are 4 month and weigh 12 pounds sopping wet?

Actually, I don't know if you are at 12 pounds or not. At the last breastfeeding support group I went to, you weighed 11 pounds, 7 ounces. Hopefully in two weeks you have broken into the 12 pound range.

And since you are four months old, shouldn't you have a schedule? Seriously? But you don't. Not even close. Every night its a toss-up. The last few nights you have been falling asleep after you "after-daycare" feeding that ranges anywhere from right at 4:00 to almost 6:00. So you eat at 5:30 and then fall asleep until 9:00 p.m. Then I dreamfeed you and you're out until you wake in the morning. Which is anywhere from 5:00-7:00 a.m. At daycare, you typically eat at 10 because even if I nurse you at 5:00 a.m., I will feed you again before I walk out the door. Then you eat anywhere from 1:00-3:00 in the afternoon. Sometimes you take a long nap, sometimes a short one. I will be the first to say it's annoying as hell! :) But the fact that you are always ready with that big, beautiful, gummy smile makes it all worth it! I can't wait until you are finally on a damn schedule though!

You are on the verge of rolling over. I can't wait! Its so cute to see you try so hard! You love your tummy time as that's about all you spend your time doing - trying your hardest to roll over! You also love faces, making faces with me, and simply being held. And no worries there, we love holding you!!

You are still breastfeeding and while at work I have been able to keep up. Its nerve wracking at times, but at the end of the week, Christy always hands me extra, so I know we are getting enough out - thank God. Breastfeeding is the harder thing I have done, but it's worth it!

James adores you and frequently delays bedtime so he can love on you a little bit. You love laying on the floor and watching him run around, which can be a little scary when he gets to close to where you're laying! I can't wait until you're a little older and you can run with him.

I love you little girl. Your tiny hands, nose, wars, and giant head (just like daddy). You are everything I ever dreamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment