Sunday, September 14, 2014

Battle of the Bulge: Week 17...? And a half?

I have no idea where I am on my Battle of the Bulge updates. In fact, I only know that Catherine will be four months old on the twentieth, which is... next... Sunday?

School started and I now have two full time jobs. Teacher and mom. For eight hours a day, students need me. Then for the remaining 5-6 where I am NOT sleeping, my family needs me. With so much going on, I have lost track of time.

So out of curiosity today, I stepped on the scale. 157.2. In a month I have lost about 2 more pounds. I don't know what it is about my family gene, but somehow it allows us to look thinner than we really are. The other day while having lunch with my coworkers, my pregnant colleague was lamenting that she had gained ten pounds in four weeks, putting her weight at 160. Not thinking, I said, "Oh! That's what I weigh!" And my colleagues could not believe it. So that was awesome.

The following day, a student exclaimed that of I lose any more weight I would be anorexic. An odd compliment but I guess I will take it.

Overall I am feeling pretty good. I am fitting back into clothes I have not seen since before James was born and people are starting to genuinely comment, instead of the "You look great (for just having a baby)!"

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing!!!
    There is no more "bulge," so perhaps it's time to rethink the headers for these posts? ;)

    ReplyDelete