Wednesday, January 8, 2014

22 Weeks!

Well, I'm starting to finally feel well. I am still blowing hunks of nastiness out of my nose every morning, but at least it eases up by about noon. I have stopped waking up from a sore throat, so huzzah! Perhaps I am healing myself.

Not much to mention this week, so on to the update!


How far along? 22 weeks and for some reason, my belly feels and seems a lot smaller than previous weeks, which is weird. Maybe this is the honeymoon phase where it will be the last time it shrinks. Oh boy, oh boy!
Maternity clothes? Yes. But wore my pre-preg jeans all weekend long. And that says a lot because we had a four day weekend, thanks to sub-arctic temperatures.
Weight gain? Yes, but it can't be much...
Stretch marks? None!
Best moment this week? Monday we had a snow day, followed by Tuesday's snow day. I spent much of Monday and Tuesday morning working, which brought me up to speed for work today. It's amazing how much I got accomplished! Then I just sat. on. my. ass. for the duration of those days while James was at daycare. Another happy moment this week? James went back to daycare after a two week hiatus. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.
Miss anything? We have a giant bottle of wine, just barely opened, in our fridge. It stares at me every time I open the door. Yes, my dear sweet Moscato. I miss you too.
Movement? All the time! It's lovely! My students are starting to ask if they can put their hand on my belly to feel her, which I honestly don't mind, but I told them they could do it when I'm 38 weeks and she's MUCH bigger. Peanut is only a pound, and I'm just not that big!
Food cravings? Nothing really this week. Just food in general. And cold ice water. I cannot get enough of cold ice water! Yum!
Anything make you queasy or sick? The smell of Eric's feet got me tonight... but typically, after working a long day, they about knock me over. So I'm not sure if this is worse or better than when I'm not pregnant...
Labor signs? Nope, just cramps cramps and more cramps. Ugh. Today, for about an hour, they were unbearable when I tried to walk. It go quite annoying. They are also worse when I have a full bladder, which should be exciting and fun as I enter the third trimester and have to go all the time anyway!
Symptoms? Holy boobies batman, these bad boys are sore!
Belly button in or out? IN!
Linea nigra? Nothing.
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? This week, fairly moody thanks to the subzero temperatures and thoughts of my dad.
Looking forward to: And uninterrupted night's sleep. No pee breaks, no dreams to wake me up, no sore boobs. Don't know when that will be, but I will most definitely be looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Ice water always reminds me of Grandma. She always said there was no better drink than ice water. She was a pretty smart woman.
    Hope those ta-tas calm down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete