Wednesday, January 22, 2014

24 Weeks!


It's been a good/bad week. Good, because I'm finally feeling better, but bad because just as I'm feeling better, I'm feeling worse in other ways. Again, I'll let the update do the talking...

How far along? 24 Weeks, and the tummy has popped. We aren't as good as we were with James in taking photos, but the second we're home from work, we're hanging out with James, and once he goes to bed, I'm too tired to pose for a camera.
Maternity clothes? Before I elaborate on my YES answer for this one, I put on my favorite preggo jeans a month ago, and they were HUGE on me. Which means one thing: I'm smaller than I was when I was pregnant with James at that time. But last week, I could feel my muscles, tendon, and most likely my pubic bone spreading, and low and behold when i put them on tonight, they fit much better. Great through the hips, but still big(ger) in the butt and thighs. But needless to say, I have been rocking the maternity leggings and dresses like nobody's business.
Weight gain? Definitely!
Stretch marks? Nope! Still lotioning every night!
Best moment this week? This past weekend, I was able to not only organize all of James' 12 and 18 month clothes into bins (whereas before, they were both in one bin, which was sitting in another bin, at the bottom of his closet, thrown in willy-nilly), and I vacated Baby Girl's closet and put all her stuff and clothes in. And got more things organized in her room. It's definitely not up to snuff yet, but we're getting there.
Miss anything? Being able to move quickly. And efficiently. And painlessly.
Movement? Yep, you're bouncing all over the place!
Food cravings? Pineapple. I eat a whole can every day. Not just a small can. A big one.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Pretty sure I'm over that part of this pregnancy!
Labor signs? No, but the cramping! It's terrible! I can't wait until that goes away (if it does!)
Symptoms? Nothing that's noticeable until after 1:00 p.m. And then, I hobble around like an old lady. I finally deduced today, it's because I am on my feet 4-5 hours every day, and not just on my feet, but all over the place. I bounce around my classroom, life my hands above my head to point things out on the board, run from behind the piano to in front of the piano, It's no wonder that by the time I'm done doing the bouncing around for the third time that day, which ends up being 1:00 p.m., my body is spent. And I'm only 6 months! I can't imagine what I'm going to be like in a couple more!
Belly button in or out? IN!
Linea nigra? Nothing.
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? Super happy and getting ready for Baby Girl. I'm finally excited to be having a girl and I can't wait until she's here!
Looking forward to: Another "polar vortex" has moved into the area and we're already at a 2-hour delay for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to them cancelling school due to the Wind Chill Warning that has been issued and having a day off that I don't have to make up at the end of the year as I will be on maternity leave! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment