Wednesday, January 15, 2014

23 Weeks!

I'll let my update do the talking...

How far along? 23 weeks and I am definitely, FINALLY showing for good. There's no going back now...
Maternity clothes? Yes, yes and yes. I'm almost always wearing leggings and dresses. Today, since it was warmer, I sported a dress and pantyhose (people still wear those?).
Weight gain? I'm sure!
Stretch marks? None thank God. I'm waiting for one to show up to begin a preggers meltdown.
Best moment this week? It was a short work week thanks to two snow days (that I don't have to make up with the rest of the faculty, thanks to maternity leave). So Wednesday began, Friday came quickly, and Sunday was my birthday. Eric took me out to eat and for my birthday gave me anything I wanted over the weekend. What that really meant was that he would take care of James. Although thanks to simply being a mom, I couldn't just let Eric change the poopy diapers and give the baths, so I chipped in. On Saturday night, Eric and James took me out to eat. It was nice to spend that time with family. Oh, how turning 31 was so different than turning 21!
Miss anything? Getting up without the strain of getting up. As in, standing from the sitting position without hobbling over and stumbling for a few steps. More on that below...
Movement? Yes, and I think you're sitting incredibly low as you kick my bladder all the time. That should be fun come third trimester...
Food cravings? PINEAPPLE! Cold, from the can. Can't. get. enough.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really this week...
Labor signs? No, and I haven't had a whole lot of cramps this week either, which has been nice. However, I'm still uncomfortable, which is no fun...
Symptoms? Shit's a-stretchin' and holy moses, it's uncomfortable. I didn't get this kind of pain until 30 weeks with James. Like I told a friend of mine - it feels like I've been riding a horse for days. It's hard to stand up and sit down quickly. It's hard to stand on one leg while removing the other from my pants, or taking off a sock or shoe. My groin is in immense pain and I think it's because she's sitting so much lower.  And tonight, Eric made mention that I looked like I was carrying low. Ugh...
Belly button in or out? IN!
Linea nigra? Nothing.
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? THis week, I've been super happy! It's been a good week - I've been on top of stuff at school and classes have been going really well!
Looking forward to: Tonight? The pineapple I'm about to eat. Even though I'm not hungry. I just can't wait for the juicy goodness to envelope my mouth. Yummy yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment