Wednesday, January 29, 2014

25 Weeks and a comparison...


How far along? 25 weeks! This is the time that I started my first pregnancy blog, which I hope to copy and paste below. It will be interesting to see the comparisons.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Holy moses. Loving my leggings. I ordered hot pink maternity jeans off the internet last week and they came in the mail. Too big... because...
Weight gain? Hardly. I have gained three pounds since the last time I had an appointment. The doctor said I'm right where I should be, and "all belly" but at th same time, I thought, for sure, I was going to weigh a ton more. So now, I'm +3 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. That's what happens when you're sick for the first semester and into the second. So back to these awesome maternity pants I ordered - they are too big!!! I thought for sure they would be the right size, as they are a size up from the pants that are becoming to tight around the hips (ruh-roh...) but nope, they are gigantic. Maybe once I get "bigger" they will fit. And totally unrelated, because of my less-than-impressive weight gain, I bought chips and dip at the grocery store last night and stuffed my face with it tonight. Delicious...
Stretch marks? No, but the tummy is getting tighter!
Best moment this week? Being able to relax with my family...
Miss anything? Sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. I guess all the bragging I did about how well I slept in my first pregnancy is coming back to haunt me. The past few nights, I've been up and wide awake at 3:30 a.m. And haven't gone back to sleep. But oddly enough I still have the same amount of energy. I'm sure this weekend I will crash!
Movement? Yep, you love bouncing around from about 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and right away in the morning. It's lovely.
Food cravings? I about bought out Fareway in the canned fruit aisle. I piled as many cans of pineapple chunks as I possible could into my cart yesterday while grocery shopping. Every day, my mouth starts watering when I start thinking about cracking open that deliciousness in a can packed with 100% juice (concentrate...). But still. Don't care. Heaven.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Labor signs? No - the doctor wagged her finger at me yesterday and told me that I need to slow down if I'm cramping so much. I laughed and asked her if she understood exactly what my job title was. It's not just teacher, it's guidance counselor, mother, babysitter, hand-holder and overall motivational life coach. I am always pulled in every which direction at any given time, and now is the busiest time of the year for people that do what I do. But she said to slow down so I'm going to take her seriously as the cramping could easily lead to pre-term labor. Awesome... tell that to my administrators that still don't have a long-term sub lined up, supportive parents who are thrilled that I'm "waiting until the end of the year" to have a baby, and most importantly, my students, who think that a few days after birth, I'm going to show up at graduation (I probably will...). So we'll see, I guess.
Symptoms? Pregnancy insomnia is wreaking havoc currently. Cramping happens more so than not. Bloody noses are a common occurrence. And I have a weird rash on my arm. Just about a quarter in diameter and it looks like dry, scaly skin. People keep asking me how I burned myself, so I just tell them I'm not sure instead of trying to explain I think it has something to do with my pregnancy.
Belly button in or out? In, but it sure wants to make it's way out!
Linea nigra? Nothing.
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? This week, very moody. I wonder if it has something to do with having a girl in my belly rather than a boy. With James, I felt like my hormones were pretty even keel for the most part, but with this pregnancy, it's terrible! I'm all over the map.
Looking forward to: This weekend, when I can hopefully catch up on SLEEP!

AND FOR THE COMPARISON...


Yes, I am going to do a pregnancy survey - probably for the rest of my pregnancy. I want to remember what it was like to grow with you, so although I'm starting early, I can't wait to go back and read this someday.

How far along? 25 weeks
Maternity clothes? I live in my David Bitton "Buffalo" jeans. They are so comfy! And my tank-tops from target! It's usually those two staples with a sweater or open cardigan. I have also been utilizing some of my dresses with leggings and riding boots!
Stretch marks? Nope! Thank goodness!
Sleep? YES! I have figured out that if I deflate our sleep number bed all the way, I am able to make a cocoon that conforms to my body and cradles me as I sleep. I have also realized I use that cradle to sleep on my back and slightly to the left. It's comfy!
Best moment this week? Getting rid of my cankles! The swelling was so terrible when I came back from Florida! I also got a lot of compliments while in Florida from my co-workers. How I was all belly and nothing else, you wouldn't even be able to tell I was pregnant except for the belly AND the greatest of all, I make the cutest pregnant lady. It also helped me to realize that I LOVE being pregnant!
Miss anything? My pre-pregnancy wardrobe! However, this is teaching me how unimportant having a huge wardrobe really is!
Movement? I have figured out that you move every day from about 9:00-11:00 depending on when I have my Mt. Dew, then from about 1:00-3:00 and again from 7:30-8:30. Sometimes, you wake me up in the morning with your little feet kicking me at about 6:00 a.m., but otherwise, you are on a pretty set schedule.
Food cravings? Oddly enough, I LOVE chips and dip (haha) but if I have too much, it makes me feel sick! Actually, any food that isn't very good for you - too much of it - makes me feel sick.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!!!
Labor signs? None, but that's good because you'd be WAY too early!
Symptoms? Swelling, fatigue, overabundant joy. :)
Belly button in or out? It's in...but barely.
Linea nigra? A very faint line on a very stretched, smooth belly!
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? HAPPY!
Looking forward to: Your daddy finishing your changing table, and my Rockford baby shower on Feb. 18!!! Super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment