Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Battle of the Bulge, Pas de Deux

So... Here I am at 1 week postpartum. 

At my last doctor's appointment I weighed 181. In this picture, I weigh 167. Clearly a lot of it is in my tummy, which continues to shrink. I have been fortunate to fit back into one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts so far. To be honest that is all I have tried to fit into. I have been so tired I don't really try to dress myself in much other than that!! 

My diet so far has been pretty shitty. There have been a couple mornings that I have been up early enough to eat a decent breakfast but more often than not I have not been eating the healthiest of foods. I guess I did buy a watermelon and we have been feasting on that for several days. But I cannot get enough of the Pizza flavored Pringles or cookies of any sort. Orros, fudge striped cookies, lactation cookies (which I will be making more of today!). So I need to kick those habits and eat more nutritional foods, like more fresh fruit etc.

But for right now, it truly is about survival. I eat when I can, shower when I can and sleep when I can. Hopefully Catherine will become more regular in her schedule, which will allow me to think a little more about what I am putting on my mouth! 

All in all, this post-partum picture is much more favorable than the one I had with James at one month! Incredible what a little exercise and chasing around a toddler can do for a girls pregnant physique!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, what bulge?!! You look freaking fantastic for JUST having a baby!

    ReplyDelete