Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Battle of the Bulge: Week 13

So I missed Week 12, and I am sure the 2.2 people who might actually read this blog didn't miss it much. School started and I hit the ground running. And when I say hit the ground, it means someone hit the fast forward button on my life and holy shit, I am busy. Getting up earlier than I ever have before, getting myself ready, nursing Catherine, getting her ready, getting James ready, getting them both to daycare after packing a dairy-soy-egg-free lunch for myself, teaching a full day of school, getting home and nursing Catherine again, feeding my family, nursing Catherine, an not getting enough sleep all have left this blog in the dust. But... The show mist go on.

I stepped on the scale tonight for the first time in... Well... Two weeks. 159 on the money. That's after a full day of lactation cookies to help keep supply up while pumping at work, past salad, and some dinner. I can honestly say I am under pre-pregnancy weight exactly 3 months postpartum.

But I hate this body. My boobs are huge and my favorite shirts are too short for my already-long torso. My belly and hips are still thicker, so most pants/shorts still don't fit. People tell me I look great but I don't see it. I only see a very tired mom uncomfortable in a foreign body.

But I have lost the weight I wanted to. Its just interesting because I am not as happy as I thought I would be. I wonder if that's what is wrong with people who have eating disorders? Either way, I love food too much to even consider an eating disorder. Even my dairy-soy-egg free food is better than not eating at all!

So I will trudge onward. Experts say it takes a full year fr your body to get back, if ever, to its pre-pregnancy shape. So I will, again, trudge onward! Here's to Week 14 and most likely 15...

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you look amazing. You're being entirely too hard on yourself.
    The long torso - that HAS to be a Dudding thing. I've had the too-short-shirt problem for as long as I can remember.
    You're doing an amazing job. Your two beautiful babies are so blessed to have such an awesome mommy.

    ReplyDelete