Sunday, November 23, 2014

6 Months!

Well, my beautiful girl, you are getting more and more animated every day. You are finally becoming fun! 

You are so smiley and giggly, and your giggle is more of a weird inhale that causes you to squeak. It's so adorable! You aren't doing anything like sitting up, or rolling over, yet, but you're getting stronger. You are still so little yet, with your 3 month clothes getting tighter, but your 6 month clothes are just too big. I am anxious to see what you weigh at your 6 month appointment.

The crying spells are getting further and further apart, for which this mama is grateful. There were a couple months in there that I thought I was going to go insane.

We keep shoving new foods at you, and you're loving them. Your favorite is sweet potatoes, and we throw some apples and pears. I have to make such big batches at a time, I don't really make much else. Those three things are so easy to make, and your grandma gave me a big pot so I could boil ALL the sweet potatoes/apples/pears at the same time, rather than wait for my little steamer to only do one veggie/fruit at a time. It's nice to be able to crank out a month's worth of food in just a few short hours.

Your brother adores you. When you're crying, he becomes very concerned and puts the pacifier in your mouth. Sometimes he will cover you with his blanket. Sometimes, he will lay down next to you. It's very apparent that he loves you and cares very deeply for you. I hope that continues throughout your entire life.

I can definitely, without a doubt, say that I do NOT like the infant stage, and about 6 months is where I really start to enjoy little ones. Don't get me wrong, I loved you as a floppy bird, but to see you as a growing, giggling little girl is the best thing in the world. And to see how you interact with James is lovely. You are both my world.

I love you, little girl, You are becoming so beautiful to me every day. I can't get enough of you and couldn't imagine life without you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what a little bit Catherine is!

    We are trying so hard for another (long story), and I can't WAIT to grow our family. But, oh my god, can we just pass the infant stage?!!

    ReplyDelete