Friday, August 14, 2015

15 Weeks!

Random Thoughts from This Week: Can I get any more tired? Why am I so damn tired all the time?
Maternity clothes? For some reason, this week, all non-maternity bottoms have fit. I finally went through my closet and drawers to figure out what clothes I might be able to keep in my closet and what to pack up and say adios to once I hit about 20 weeks. I can still fit into my low-cut colored jeans (YAY!) and shorts (DOUBLE YAY!). So I am set for these hot days and for when school starts in a week. Because I did manage to give away so many of my maternity dresses, and inherit so many maternity pants, I went on a binge and spent about $100 on more clothes. But, I have to brag: in that $100 was a great dress for $18, a pair of JEANS at Old Navy for NINETY-SEVEN CENTS, a pair of black corduroy pants from GAP for FIVE DOLLARS AND FIFTY-EIGHT CENTS, and a bunch of shirts on clearance. Of course, I bought a couple of shirts NOT on clearance, but overall, most items cost less than $10. I am nothing if not the ultimate bargain shopper! It helps that I worked retail for so long and have an idea of when and where to find some really great clearance deals!
Weight gain? I had a doctors appointment on Monday and, surprisingly, have lost weight. So here I sit at my typical pre-pregnancy weight: 162 - give or take a couple pounds.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Best moment this week? Umm, honestly, it has been hanging out with James. He just went from toddler to true little boy. He is so damn funny, I cannot get enough of him! Last night, he wanted to lay Hide-and-Seek before bed. I told him no, it was time for bed, so he said he was going to play Hide-and-Seek by himself. Then proceeded to crawl around our bedroom for an HOUR randomly playing with stuff (but hardly making any noise), so we ignored him and finally he just got up and went to bed.
Worst moment this week? Catherine is becoming SO MOBILE (yay!!), but it has become such a pain in the ass. Now that she can pull herself up onto furniture, etc., she has been getting herself into some pretty precarious situations. Particularly when she fell off the window seat and rammed her face into the recliner handle, and when she narrowly escaped spilling the contents of our 10 gallon fish tank all over the dining room floor (the fish died, so Eric moved the tank from the table in the dining room to the floor until he can empty it out this weekend). She loved knocking over full cups of water on the table if we accidentally set it too close, and in general, has just become a grab-hands. We have suddenly gone from the docile baby to the curious baby, and boy, that's a quick change!!! She has discovered a love for throwing EVERYTHING. Today at the wading pool, she had a stack of cups, and she threw every single one of them behind her into deeper water, then proceeded to try and crawl to get them! Which, of course, was too deep for her, so I had to go and get them. She has also been crabby this week and her diapers have been terrible, so I'm guessing teething. At least she's still cute...
Miss anything? I can honestly say I am starting to miss my routine of work. Everyone always talks about how teachers "get the summer off" (if you're a bad teacher, yes, you don't do any work over the summer...), but I miss the routine of getting myself ready for work, getting the kids ready to go, breakfast, getting to work, the actual routine of a schedule etc. I am excited to get back to it next week!
Movement? That would be a negative.
Food cravings? I am missing the shit out of pizza this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Hot dogs! Oh my God, and James likes to eat them COLD. Holy shit, get me a barf bag, that is fucking disgusting! I can hardly handle it.
What pissed you off this week? Just today, while we were at the wading pool. I was sitting at our table, with James, while he ate, and Catherine was a few feet away in the water (it's a zero entry wading pool and the deepest is 2 feet in the middle - that girl wasn't going anywhere and I was ready to grab her from only a few feet away at any moment... just so anyone reading this doesn't think I'm a terrible parent). While Catherine was playing with a little toy boat, some shitty kid came up and took it from her and WALKED OFF WITH IT! The best part is, his mom was sitting at the table BESIDE OURS and did not see it because she was on her phone! Good God! Get off your fucking phones, parents!!! There are most times during the day where I don't even know where the hell mine is! In fact, I went without it all day today, meaning, IT STAYED AT HOME while I was out and about with the kids! Anyway, this little boy walks off with it and upon seeing that his parent was going to nothing about it, I got up noisily, stormed into the water, got down to this little boys level and said, "You should not take things from people that are not yours. This boat is not yours, and that baby was playing with it, so I'll take it back now. Thank you." And then proceeded to take the boat back to Catherine and sit my happy ass down next to the PARENT who didn't bother to apologize. Holy hell.

Lastly, Eric and I celebrated 9 years on Thursday night. I wrote in my sappy Facebook post that he and I have endured things most couples will never experience, and looking back, it's so remarkable at how far we've made it. Through alcoholism, a psycho stalker student and all that went on with that, my dad passing away, and random other things that have tested this marriage, we're still chugging along. Sure there are times where we are no longer on teh same page (oh, the last two months, maybe?), but in the end, when we take time to reconnect, it's lovely and I love him with everything I have. Here's to the next 9 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment