Thursday, August 27, 2015

Week 17!

Random Thoughts from This Week: Did the devil appear in my children this week? Complete with vomiting? Holy hell. Also, do people who are pregnant or have given birth think they are the only ones on the face of the planet that have done so? I am going to give birth to a third child, people. I know what child birth is like, which is probably nothing like yours. I know about breastfeeding, constipated babies, the worst things to do with your baby (don't prop the bottle!). I get it. Do I really look like I could be having my first baby? And do you have to take yourself and your child rearing so seriously? Look at my kids on any given weekend. Cereal for lunch, almost always naked or in just their skivvies, and guess what? James says please AND thank you, AND asks nicely for shit. I think I know how to raise a damn kid, and birth one as well. Holy shit, you're not the only one!
Maternity clothes? Yeah, I've just gone ahead and broken those bad boys out. Although, apparently, it's still hard to tell if I'm pregs. But it's all maternity, all the way.
Weight gain? Probably?
Stretch marks? Nope!
Best moment this week? School started! It's so nice to be in a routine again! Hooray!
Worst moment this week? Worst/funny moment this week: 1) At least once this week, when I make a comment about being pregnant around students who don't know, someone has said, "AGAIN?" 2) On Wednesday, I had two students say it to me. Another one said, "Don't you already have a baby?" Not necessarily the worst thing they could say to me. I could be 39 weeks along and students don't realize I'm pregnant....... that would be a downer! But it's just a constant reminder that yes, I am having a baby. Again.
Miss anything? Sleep...
Movement? Yes. The pops, bubbles, and even sometimes tiny little kicks are really becoming noticeable after lunch. It's exciting to feel and makes everything so much more real; good or bad...
Food cravings? Eggs... what the hell? I cannot get enough of them. I might just go make me some deviled eggs!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really. Now that I'm back in a routine, which means I'm back in an eating routine at the same time every day, it's not that bad.
What pissed you off this week? I told my student teacher this week that if you do your job well, a colleague will not like you because of that. There was a reason behind that statement. See if you can find it.

Otherwise, we're just rocking and rolling into week 17. Crazy how we're almost to the half way point. I will see students in the hallway who aren't in choir anymore, and they continually are surprised that I am pregnant. Can you not see this thing jutting out in front of me? One of my older students said, "I was wondering because I figured you wouldn't wear anything tight if you were self-conscious of some weight gain!" The younger kids are still shocked and keep regaling stories of the last time I was pregnant, which was a few short months ago, it feels like.

In other news, completely unrelated, Catherine has been pushing Mr. Lion around, walking around our downstairs with him! Thank God! Even though our physical therapist said that she should not learn to walk that way, I can't help it. It's so reassuring that she actually CAN walk. In physical therapy, I did bring up the fact that she is not saying any words. The physical therapist reminded me that developmentally, she is about 6 months behind, however, her words should come soon after she begins to walk, as that's the normal progression of things. Once she can stop concentrating so hard on gross motor skills, she can begin working on the other things, like words. She is going to consult a speech pathologist, but I'm not too worried. I have a feeling Catherine will be my child that will do everything "in due time." Oh goody, just like her dad!!!

James is developing the sentence structure of a 5 year old and LOVES to have conversations with people. He's so damn funny! I asked him just the other day what he did, and he said he went on a walk. I asked him what he saw on his walk, and he immediately said, "Duck poop. And no we step in duck poop." I asked him if he played with any toys, and he said, "Yeah, I play with blocks. The pink and blue blocks." I absolutely love it.

James and Catherine have both had a flu virus that is rearing it's ugly head for about four hours and then completely wipes them of any energy they have for a few days. Catherine has also been teething and just pissy all the time. Holy hell. It's been quite the week around here, but we're holding up. Now if I can just stay healthy... God help me, I don't want the flu like I had when pregnant with Catherine. That was terrible!

A busy, tiring week, but a week nonetheless. Here we come, week 17!




No comments:

Post a Comment