Friday, December 25, 2015

34 Weeks!

Merry Christmas!!!


Random Thoughts from This Week: I know that in the grand scheme of things, Christmas is about Jesus, not presents. But I fucking won in the parenting department with the presents I got the kids. Especially with James' bunk bed. Super awesome!
Maternity clothes? Yep! Especially for our photos at Christmas, the staples came out. Boots, leggings, dress, scarf.
Weight gain? Probably. All I've done is eat, and it's awesome. On the news today, they said the average American will gain 6 pounds between now and New Years Eve. I bet I will gain more. ;)
Stretch marks? Negative, ghost rider. Which is surprising, because the way this kid stretches out is insane.
Best moment this week? Definitely being together with family for Christmas. It was really fun, and for the first time in several years, Eric's family Christmas was enjoyable. It was enjoyable when we first got together, but after things went downhill with his parents, it got really awkward. Finally, they are at an amicable place where we can actually have fun. It was awesome.
Worst moment this week? I am in so much pain, it's unreal. It doesn't matter if I'm walking, sitting down, sleeping, whatever I'm doing, I'm in pain. In the past week, I have not once woken up feeling great. I have a feeling this will be the norm in this pregnancy until I give birth.
Miss anything? This week, definitely my dad.
Movement? OMG, yes, my child, how you love to move. You don't really kick anymore, you just sloooowly shift around. You especially like to stick your knees out at my belly button, which hurts. I usually have to push back so you'll stop. It's very painful. Add that to the pain that I'm already feeling, and I just want to lay down on the bed and cry!
Anything make you queasy or sick? If Christmas cookies made me queasy or sick, I would be incredible sad.
Looking forward to: This coming week have a snowstorm coming (wahoo!), I have Catherine's 18 month appointment (just after she has turned 19 months and after missing her 15 month - parenting win!), I have my first physical therapy appointment (THANK YOU JESUS), I have an hour-long prenatal massage (YESSSSS) and Eric will be tearing apart our kitchen (half excited, half dreading it...). Not to mention, our kids are in daycare ALL WEEK until Thursday. Whoopee!! Usually, she takes time off for the holidays, for which we still have to pay (ugh, but that's the way it goes), but this year because of the way the holidays fall, she is staying open. I can't wait to have all this time to myself and help Eric out on the kitchen... as much as I can, I suppose!

Here's to 6 weeks left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment