Saturday, February 4, 2012

Oh how I'm getting anxious for you! We're almost to the third trimester and it seems like only yesterday that we found out we were pregnant with you! How time flies...

How far along?
27 weeks
Maternity clothes? My David Britton maternity jeans, some maternity dresses, my yoga pants and maternity sweatshirt that I LOVE from Target!
Stretch marks? NO! However, my skin is stretching very taughtly and it HURTS! But I'll survive...
Sleep? Yes! Although these past few weeks, I've been waking up more and more to go to the bathroom. But luckily, sleep comes quickly when I lay down. However, your daddy keeps stealing my belly pillow and curling around it in the middle of the night, which causes me to wak him up when I'm stealing it back. :)
Best moment this week? Best and WORST moment would have to be my belly growing. It's the best because I feel like I have this motherly intuition - my belly hurts and is stretching, and your movements have started to differentiate from your normal scheduled times, so I can tell that you're catching some extra zzz's and working hard at growing. I can't wait until you're big enough to join us. :)
Miss anything? Not really! I am thoroughly enjoying my pregnancy!
Movement? The past few weeks you have been moving quite a bit. However, in the past few days your movements have started to be different as I think you're growing. Your kicks are getting harder and now your daddy can feel you pretty often. A lot of the times, we'll sit on the couch together with his hand on my belly and he'll just feel you while we're watching TV!
Food cravings? Not too much this week... just food in general!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!!!
Labor signs? None, but that's good because you'd be WAY too early!
Symptoms? Some dizziness. And I get car-sick really easily. Hungry all the time - I feel like I could eat and never be completely satisfied!
Belly button in or out? It's in...but my mole has begun to stick out!.
Linea nigra? A very faint line on a very stretched, smooth belly!
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? Still ridiculously happy. All the time!
Looking forward to: THE THIRD TRIMESTER! It's just around the corner!!!!


In other news, Monday will be the anniversary of your Grandpa's death. I think it will be easier than it has been in the past. I have you, and I can't help to think that your Grandpa had something to do with you being a boy. He knew that's what I needed and I think you will always have a little piece of him with you because of that.

I miss him every day, but rather than be sad, I have sweet sweet memories and the knowledge that he gave me you so his memory could live on. I bet you will have some sweet characteristic of him, or some physical trait that will let me know you were kissed by him when you were made.

I can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment