Monday, May 21, 2012

Maverick and Goose

Maverick and Goose
On Friday night, your one-week birthday, your daddy and I thought we would introduce you to some classic movies on Netflix. Unfortunately, mommy barely made it through Top Gun and our Classic Movie Marathon was over, but nonetheless, it was a good time.

I thought I would take a photo to commemorate the event.

You even sleep alike!
Even moreso, though, is the fact that you and your daddy ARE like Maverick and Goose. Inseparable. He loves you with everything he has and then some. He holds you when he can, kisses you in a way that only your daddy would, and holds on to you tight whenever he gets the chance. Beyond that, you two are like peas in a pod. You have his disposition: nothing really bothers you and you're usually as calm as can be. You sleep alike, you look alike and it's been so much fun watching your dad love on you.

He's so incredibly proud to have a son.

Mama and her Cuddly Bear
I, too, am very fortunate, and I love being a mom. Even the projectile poop last night, even the three diaper changes in under three minutes today, even some of the fussing where I'm unsure as to what's going on! It's amazing and I love it! I love washing your bottles, pumping milk knowing that I'm your sole caregiver, washing your clothes.

I love every second of it. I gave you the gift of life, sure, but you have given me a greater sense in life. I am so thankful for that.


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment