Tuesday, May 1, 2012

39 Weeks + 2 days...

Ok, my little man.

This momma is getting anxious to meet you. And I'm not sure why, as you are my spawn, that you are waiting so long? I like to getitdone, quick and easy, fast and efficient. But no such luck so far.

I'm guessing this is because you are much more like your father than I suspect. There's a reason why I call him Putt-Putt you know.

And so it goes I guess, and so it goes.

We had our doctor's appointment today - 39 weeks and 2 days. I love our OB/GYN Dr. Dejong. At Methodist Plaza, they have you see several different obstetricians as they rotate who is on call at the actual hospital. But I've lucked out and asked for Dr. Dejong several times, and have gotten him. Hopefully, he's the one that delivers you!!!

Obviously, we had a cervical check today, and he said I was still at 3 cm. STILL?! I thought for sure I had progressed and we'd be popping you out in no time. But, nonetheless, in one weeks time there has apparently been NO change. So what did Dr. Dejong do to hopefully help things along?

He stuck his fingers in there and stretched them.

I wasn't expecting that.

After screeching out in pain, and him "digging around under the hood" as your daddy so hickishly proclaimed after the appointment, he said he had stretched me to, hopefully, a 4.

4 cm dilated.

So far, I have had a minimal amount of bloody show/loss of mucus plug, in due part, I'm sure, to the stretching. And cramps. Some have been stronger than others and make me a little nauseous.

And then, of course, since I'm constantly trying to figure out what's going on down there, I googled the hell out of Cervical Stretching.

I rephrased it every which way that I could and researched the hell out of it.

Here's what I found out in about 2 hours of research: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm hoping for the former here, Baby Engels.

As for names, you dad and I had a discussion about it today. You're either going to be a Max, James, Drew or Stone. Stone is your dad's idea, and if we end up naming you that, I'm really sorry. This discussion came up again today, when your daddy took me out for lunch after our appointment (he's so sweet!) and I told him about the "Baby Name Regrets" article I had read on Foxnews.com. Yeah, apparently, parents are regretting the fact they named their child "Tregger" or "Stone." I don't want to be one of those parents.

So hopefully, I'll win and we'll name you one of the first three. We're talking about the middle name, and I really want you to have my Dad's first name as your middle name: Thomas. Max Thomas, James Thomas, Drew Thomas. They all sound awesome.

Max Thomas Engels
James Thomas Engels
Drew Thomas Engels
I like them!

Stone Thomas Engels? NO. *sigh* So we'll see who "wins" - your daddy or me. And I'll also make mention that you will soon realize the answer to the question "who wins?" when you come into this world and realize that mommy's usually right.

Bah, not really.

I suppose I'm done wasting my time rambling. I've decided every couple days I'm going to write about my progress with you. So I can write right up until your birth. And then, hopefully (if you'll allow me the time) after.

Because I absolutely cannot wait to meet you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment