Wednesday, February 26, 2014

29 Weeks!


What a week it has been. This mama is exhausted!

How far along? 29 Weeks!
Maternity clothes? Yes. I think this is the point in my last pregnancy where things were starting to get a little tight, but it looks like all my clothes are still fitting just fine. However, I have to carefully pick my t-shirts on the weekends, if I am lounging around. For example, right now, I am sitting here in my sweats and a t-shirt. Only the t-shirt barely fits over my belly, and currently had slid up so anyone looking will be able to see the bottom of my belly.
Weight gain? Yep, but only three pounds. I'm currently up to 167. Every appointment I have I really want to ask what I weighed at that particular appointment the last time I was pregnant, but I never remember to ask!
Stretch marks? Nope! God bless good genes and Bath and Body Works lotions!
Best moment this week? There were a lot this week. Thursday we had a "blizzard" so we got out of school early, which started my three day weekend early. Only I didn't have a three-day weekend, like all the other teachers, because I had to take my students to a contest that day. But luckily my transporation director called it off, so I did indeed get my three-day weekend, and I loved every single second of it. Eric was able to find the time to finish our closet, so I was finally able to hang clothes. Saturday, I had a huge burst of energy and purged a ton of clothes that I have not worn in ages. Although it was probably stupid to get rid of anything because I have been pregnant moreso than not in the past 3 years, but essentially, they were clothes that I just didn't really like anymore. Sunday my mom came to visit and I was able to finally frame a painting she bought me in Belgium 6 years ago, and I got to relax. Although the past two days have been hell thanks to rescheduled Parent-Teacher conferences and a concert last night, it was a great week.
Miss anything? Being able to move quickly, without really thinking about getting up, or having to use some sort of momentum to get up.
Movement? Yes, she's moving and scooting around right now!
Food cravings? Pineapple, candy, and water. Ice cold water. Bizarre, but that's what I've been eating and it's delicious!!!
Anything make you queasy or sick? My husband is amazing and I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunities he has had in being a business owner, but he is a contractor. Sometimes, he does the work himself. And he stinks when he comes home! Normally, I don't mind the smell of hard work, but then he'll lay around and not take a shower and he stinks!!!!!!! Ugh! Doesn't normally bother me that much when I'm not pregnant, but lately it has bothered the hell out of me. To the point where I start nagging him to get in the shower and he will actually get annoyed with me. But I can't help it!
Labor signs? I had terrible Braxton-Hicks contractions on Saturday into Sunday. They were so terrible, I found myself on my hands and knees at 3 a.m. on Sunday, breaething through them. I thought for sure we would have to go to the hospital. So I breathed through them, tried to relax and then they went away. Only it was a constant ache, with peaks and valleys. It was horrible. I thought those "practice" contractions were cute when I was pregnant with James. Not this time around. They were a pain in my ass, robbed me of any good sleep, and would not go away, no matter what I did. It was a horrible 24 hours.
Symptoms? Hormones, hormones, hormones. Oh lordy. I have a giant zit on my face to prove it. I cried tonight when I put James in time out for throwing water out of the tub. It's been a hard week for emotions, but it's to be expected, I guess.
Belly button in or out? In, but it isn't going to stay in much longer!
Linea nigra? Nothing. So bizarre!
Wedding ring on or off? On, but I've noticed that at the end of the day, it's harder to get off.
Happy or moody? Moody. Oh my God, moody.


Looking forward to: This weekend. I have nothing to do and I"m exhausted. I can't wait to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment