Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Battle of the Bulge: Week 4

First off, how is it that my baby girl is almost a month old??

Secondly, everyone keeps telling me it doesn't look like I have had a child, but to me, it doesn't feel that way.

I stepped on the scale this morning, the start of week 5 postpartum, and I was 166.4. Whaaaa?

How is it that I have gained 2 pounds??

I have been very diligent in what I have been eating (minus the delicious horrible of or quo pizza I devoured at Adventureland yesterday). Its been hotter than hell, which leads to water retention when you don't drink enough water, which I haven't. And according to some postpartum websites, I have approximately 3 ounces of milk per boob per feeding. That's impressive. Then, thinking that I didn't feed at all last night, my boobs are heavy in the morning. Not to mention, to the excitement of my hubby, I'm rocking solid C's. So I can't dwell on 2 pounds. I can only be thankful for the fact that I really don't look like I had a baby a month ago. When I was this far with James postpartum, I was mighty hefty. All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for. Just wish it felt that way!

So, here is to week 5!

1 comment: