Thursday, November 7, 2013

18 Months!

Holy moses, you are a year and a half old! How and when did that happen?

You are turning into such a little boy. You LOVE horseplay with your dad, and I think you get embarrassed when your mom tries it. You come to me more for hugs and love.

You've stopped yanking on Kinnick's tail, and instead, have been trying to give him hugs. I don't know what might be more painful for him. You love giving hugs, and think it's the greatest thing ever.

You love car rides! But only short ones. Since it's started turning colder, I pick you up from the sitter's on my way home, even though it's only three houses down. But boy, do you love sitting in the front seat, buckled in, while I putt-putt down the road three houses and back into our driveway. Most likely very illegal, but really, what's the harm? My dad took me driving in Grandma's corn field in an old beat up pick up truck. Now THAT was an adventure!

You are saying SO MANY words! I cannot believe it! You say just about everything you do or pick up. You'll pick up a stick if we walk home from the babysitter's house, and you say the word. You can say shoes, light, all gone, all done, all ready, bye mom, bye dad, and my favorite: "shit!" which is your word for sit. You can say chair, uh-oh, cat and dog. It's amazing all the words that come out of your mouth at any given time, including the one's I don't remember off the top of my head!

You are starting to run, everywhere. We have three shoes for you. Crocs with holes, which are too cold for this weather, brown leather shoes, which are dressier, and snow boots. I'm thinking we need to get you some real running shoes soon!

I keep trying to get you to understand that there is  baby in my belly, but then you just keep going after my belly button when I do. I am excited for you to meet your brother or sister and I think it will be a moment I will never forget when you do!

So, little man, happy year and a half. It's been a whirlwind. And to think it's already been two years since we made the announcement we were pregnant with YOU.

I love you little man, thank you for making my life so complete!

1 comment:

  1. Where was I when these truck rides in the corn field were happening? HA!

    Happy 18 Months, James!!

    ReplyDelete