Wednesday, April 30, 2014

38 Weeks!


I am starting to go batshit crazy. I'm sure none of you could tell that from my post last night.

I am in a state of constant stress. I have so many things to prepare for before Baby Girl gets here, and yet I feel that every time I get a little bit of a head start on it, something happens. Like this morning, I got to school at 7:00 a.m. and started in on transferring files from my old computer to my new one. Only, that was stupid because my old computer is a laptop fro 2007 that runs like a diesel truck and it took forever just to transfer files to the teacher server. So then, I couldn't use my laptop and had to use my new laptop. Only I couldn't print off what I needed to because the new laptop isn't connected to any of our printers in the building yet.

That was the kind of day I had.

And yet, here we are. I'm like a ticking time-bomb. People keep telling me that everything will take care of itself when I'm gone, but I'm also the face of a Vocal Music Department that is starting to make a name for itself. I don't want to leave it in a state of disarray. And then I'm trying desperately to balance that with home life, and it's getting stressful. Not to mention all the signs that labor is nearing...

Ugh. Oh well, life will go on. Onto the update!


How far along? 38 Weeks! I can't believe I am in the final stages of this pregnancy. I never thought it would get here!!!!
Maternity clothes? Yes. Yes. Yes.
Weight gain? Cold weather that prevents us from going on walks or playing outside + more time home in the evenings has really helped me gain weight. :) I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office yesterday and about fell off the scale. Of course, I have to take into account the fact that 1) I was swollen to the point where the boots where I normally have to wear thick socks becuase they're a little too big were tight on my feet with regular socks and 2) I was wearing boots and a jean jacket when the last time I was weighed I was wearing a tank top and sandals. But yes, I am up four pounds from the previous weigh-in. Yikes.
Stretch marks? No - wahoo!
Best moment this week? I felt really, really good yesterday. I wasn't achy, crampy or otherwise uncomfortable. I was wearing a cute outfit and it was a good day. Minus the house in disarray. I also had a good doctor's appointment, beside the surprising four-pound weight gain. He didn't check me, but said that Baby Girl is definitely low and is about 7-7 1/2 pounds. I laughed and told him that's what they said James was right before they broke my water, and he ended up being 9 pounds. He replied with the fact that he would be really be surprised if Baby Girl ended up being nine pounds. Then he warned me from going out and gaining 20 pounds, because then she really would be a nine pounder, maybe more!
Miss anything? Bending over and getting up are extremely painful at times. I miss being able to get up quickly, move quickly and overall be my fast-paced self. I also miss not feeling so big. I miss my clothes in my closet. I miss my pre-baby body. Can't wait for all those things to come back!
Movement? She is moving less and less, but she stretches more and more. It can be incredibly uncomfortable at times!!!
Food cravings? Peanut Butter Captain Crunch and salads. That's right, just a mixed green salad, ranch dressing, sharp cheddar cheese and grape tomatoes. I eat Peanut Butter Captain Crunch every morning before breakfast (except this morning because I ran out yesterday and tomorrow morning because then I forgot to pick some up t the store) a salad for lunch and sometimes, even a salad for dinner. Delicious.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope, not really. I think I'm past that stage.
Labor signs? Not really. Last night and all day today, I was having timeable contractions. Hooray! But otherwise, that's about it. Her head is engaged and ready to pop out at a moment's notice, so we shall see how quick labor decides to go!
Symptoms? Is being a huge bitch a symptom? Because every once in awhile I feel the urge to be one come on.
Belly button in or out? Out!
Linea nigra? Barely a line down and not really any line up.
Wedding ring on or off? On today, but off yesterday thanks to the humidity and the swelling of my fingers. But today was a balmy 45 degrees (wtf, Iowa? Where is spring?) so it was easily on the entire day.
Happy or moody? Moody. Poor Eric.
Looking forward to: Next week, because I'm hoping that Baby Girl decides to show up a little early. Then the week after that, because there is no doubt Baby Girl will show up sometime close to then! Wahoo for 14 more days! 

1 comment:

  1. You look like you've only gained about 4 pounds this ENTIRE pregnancy. You look freaking fantastic!
    Can't wait to read/see/hear if you have an update next week. :)

    ReplyDelete