Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Beauty Had a Blow-Out

It doesn't look like she just had a blowout, does it?

I don't think that I have ever been more happy to see a diaper filled with yellow, nasty poop. But that's exactly what I got and I'm pretty sure I did a little dance when it happened.

We've been battling constipation issues with Catherine, and with those constipation issues have come issues with weight gain and acid reflux. It seems as though we are finally on the mend, and my anxiety levels have greatly decreased since our doctors appointment yesterday.

Thanks to Karo syrup and supplementing with formula, Catherine has been pooping everyday and has put on a half pound. The goal from here on out is a half pound every week and if I have to supplement with formula in order to do it I will.

In supplementing with formula and pumping regularly, I have discovered that I actually am producing enough milk. I have also noticed that when the flow of the nipple on the bottle is too slow Catherine will stop feeding. I'm wondering if it's the same while breastfeeding.

For now I will continue to supplement with formula, I will continue to pump, and I will continue to breastfeed.  It's nice to know that we are on our way to a healthy, happy baby girl.

Time to go change a diaper...




1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about the little lady! So glad to hear things are getting better for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete