Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Battle of the Bulge: Week 10 (Say What?)

One-hundred-sixty-whaaaaa????

Before I get to that, I want to say this - I have received a surprising amount of compliments the past two days. Our daycare provider said, "You're looking really good!" and of course, my husband said something along the lines that if someone told him I weighed 160-some pounds he wouldn't believe them. I have seen a large number of students on the past few days, most of which have mentioned something about how I look "really good for just having a baby" and my neighbor mentioned something last night. With everything I have been up to in the past few days I didn't realize that today was "weigh-in" day. So I just went and stepped on the scale.

161.8.

Seriously? How did that happen? Three pounds might not make a difference but maybe it does in this case. I was floored.

In reading about how to balance my hormones while breastfeeding (avoiding certain foods etc. and when they are most likely to fluxuate) I read that somewhere between 2-4 months, your hormones balance out and you're able to better lose weight. I'd say, so far, that's an accurate statement.

So here I am, within 2 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight and within arms reach of where I want to be. It was my goal to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by the time school starts and I will hopefully be there. But if I am not, its OK because today, looking in the mirror, I feel like I look good. Albeit orange since I have a sunburn on top of my tan... But good, nonetheless...

Here's to week 11, and less than 2 weeks to the start of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment