Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chiropractor or Quack-torpractor?

Eric has had back problems since I can remember, made worse by the fact he walked around on a torn MCL for two years, using only a knee stabilizer on really bad days. So when I suggested maybe a chiropractor might help, he scoffed at me. But we came across a Groupon for a consultation and in he went. Following a few appointments, I decided maybe it would be beneficial for me to see the chiropractor as well.

My consult revealed that I have scoliosis, and a pretty severe case at that. So she adjusted my back and for three weeks, my back killed me. I even went back a few times to be adjusted, thinking that I just needed to get through the pain, and it was only worse. So I stopped going and eventually, so did Eric.

Fast-forward to this last week, which I would dub "The Week From Hell." Catherine has been progressively getting more and more fussy as the week goes on. It was getting to the point that my anxiety was sky-high and every time she cried it was like nails on a chalkboard. After last night, which consisted of swaddling, the swing, and even driving around for an hour, I was done. I called a chiropractor.

Catherine barely slept all day yesterday and this morning after she fed, she stayed awake until I fed her again a few hours later. Once we got to the chiropractor, she became fussy and I knew that if this didn't work I didn't know what I was going to do.

He adjusted her and she cried. I had heard from friends that once their kids were adjusted, their kids went limp. That was not the case. She actually started to fuss more. But after he calmed down a bit and I put her in her car seat she fell asleep.

She has been asleep ever since. She has only woken up to eat every three hours and she hasnt cried. Not once.

The silence is wonderful. We have a follow-up appointment next week, so we will see what this week entails. All I know is that I am eternally grateful for this one "easy" day in a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment