Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Battle of the Bulge: Week 9

As James would say, "yyyyuck!"

That's what I thought looking in the mirror this morning. I have bags under my eyes from being up twice in the middle of the night with Catherine, and to top it off, I couldn't sleep in between those two feedings... So I am looking mighty fine this morning. Furthering my negative thoughts is the above "selfie" I chose to take of myself from the front rather from the side. Again, as my little handsome-pants would say... "Yyyyyyuck!"

The thing I think I hate most about poat-pregnancy is the extra skin. If you think about it, your skin stretches an extraordinary amount while pregnant. For Gods sake, I have had two human beings between 8 1/2 and 9 pounds stretch that skin out. Its bound to take a while to bounce back.

But while I sit here at 164.4 pounds and say that, it's hard to look at. I am not used to having things jiggle or clothes look bad. I am not used to having to carefully dress myself so all the right parts look good and all the bad parts don't look so bad. O am used to throwing on clothes and walking out the door.

So, for fun while Catherine takes her 3 hour morning nap, I threw some outfits together - mainly ones that I would wear to work and the one I am wearing now.







Don't mind the spackle and mud - welcome to home remodeling. Also, the ugly green walls will eventually be white/grey. Of e ever get around to it!

So there you have it. The two above outfits are what I would wear to work and the third is the one I am wearing to Catherine's doctor's appointment today. I don't know what I look like to the outside person but to me, I look like ten pounds of shit stuffed into a 5 pound bag. But in all, looking back at professional family photos taken when James was 3 months old, I look smashing compared to that. So really... I can't complain too much.

Here's to week 10! Onward!

2 comments:

  1. Try not to be so tough on yourself. The body goes through drastic changes. Lady, you look great. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering you just made another person, you look fantastic. Actually, you look fantastic, period.
    Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete