Friday, October 16, 2015

24 Weeks!

Random Thoughts from This Week: There has to be something about pregnancy hormones and cats. With every pregnancy, my cat will not leave me alone! He loves to be on top of me, next to me, tripping me, you name it. It's incredibly annoying! As of right now, when I sat down, fired up the computer and began typing, I have had to move him from my "lap" down to the bottom of the bed. And now he's curled up as far up on my legs as possible. So annoying!
Maternity clothes? Yes. I also broke down tonight and went out and bought some black over-the-belly leggings. I had inherited some, but they were terrible!! They kept sliding down my belly. These are from Motherhood Maternity and they will be much better than the H&M Mommy ones I got from a friend. Hallelujah!
Weight gain? Talk about a shocker when I stepped on the scale at my doctor's appointment on Tuesday! Yes, I have, in fact, gained weight. Like, 8 pounds. Holy hell! I blame it on the fact that I had a student teacher and sat around most of my day... usually eating and watching/listening to her teach. I have since started moving around MUCH more, and I am hoping my next weigh-in won't be so dramatic!
Stretch marks? Nope!
Best moment this week? An incredibly LOOOOOONG story, which has nothing to do with pregnancy, but we have been without Eric's truck for SIX WEEKS. We took it to our mechanic after Eric turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. After almost 3 weeks, he could not figure out what was wrong with it and threw in the towel. Right then we knew it couldn't be good. We took it to the dealership, only to find out Eric's fuel was "contaminated." Think sugar or flour being poured into the gas tank, but it wasn't flour or sugar. But it was definitely contaminated. Luckily, that means insurance will cover it under vandalism for a $500 deductible, which is awesome, since we are already into this about $4000. So after the insurance claim, it has been slow-going, since the dealership has to get everything approved by insurance first. It's a lot of back and forth, but if we only have to pay a measly $500, I could care less. Today, the dealership called with bad news: it has ruined a lot of the engine, which means we need to get a new engine for the lovely price of about $7500. Now I am really thanking GOD that we are only paying a $500 deductible. So at about 1:00 p.m. today, they were talking about totaling Eric's vehicle out, as the total cost of repairs so far is over $12,000. Holy. Shitballs. I can't imagine if that would have had to come out of our pocket. We would have no money left!  So, after the insurance agent then transferred it to another insurance agent who deals more with this area, he swung by and took a look at it. Luckily, he believes it's a very nice truck (it's a Lariat for crying out loud, it's a nice damn truck), so he said there's no way we're going to total it out. Thank you JESUS! The Ford dealership will look for a new motor and put that in. So, I would have to say that is definitely the best moment this week!
Worst moment this week? Constantly wondering what is going to go wrong in our lives!
Miss anything? Not having a gigantic belly that gets in my way. Bending over without the intense pain that is my pubic bone splitting into a million pieces.
Movement? Yes, and my God, you LOVE to stretch!
Food cravings? My roasted veggie spicy mac and cheese. Holy crap, I could eat that stuff every day. I put in double the spices, so it's extra spicy and I can't get enough.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Since Eric has been without a truck, we have been carpooling every day. He drops me off at work and picks me up well after my contract ends, but that's fine, I have plenty of work to do. Anyway - his driving makes me sick! I have to drive to school and then we switch so he can drive off into the sunrise, and my co-workers laugh at me all the time. But I can't help it. It's actually always been this way, but for some reason, pregnancy exacerbates my carsickness.
What pissed you off this week? Lazy students! Ugh! I had a student who wanted to know how many lessons he has missed. For God's sake, child! There is a damn calendar on the door to the practice room! Look yourself! And then when I said, "I don't know," he scoffed at me. HOW DARE YOU?! I turned back around and said, "Asking me how many lessons you've missed is like me asking my boss how many sick days I have left because I don't want to log onto the absence system for our school and look myself. And you know what Mr. Kramer would say? He would tell me to look myself, because he has 35 other employees to worry about." And then I walked away. Holy hell, children. Do it your damn self! 

Here's to Week 25!




No comments:

Post a Comment